About Our Site
Our web site is intended to keep you up-
© 2012 -
This site redesigned by Art Rowlings. Hosting provided by WhatASite.com.
Cobequid Cultural Society
45 Connolly Road,
Lower Sackville, NS
About the Cobequid Cultural Society
New Arts Centre Design Revealed
The Cobequid Cultural Society will be unveiling the preliminary design of the new Cobequid Centre for the Visual and Performing Arts at their Annual General Meeting on Tuesday, June 04 at 7 pm at the Sackville Public Library at 636 Sackville Drive in Lower Sackville.
CCS to Offer Arts Scholarship
The Cobequid Cultural Society is offering a$1000 bursary to a student from the Cobequid area of HRM who will be attending a full-
CCS Website Redesigned
The Cobequid Cultural Society website has been updated with a new design. The new website is more in keeping with the Society’s latest branding and supports enhanced promotion of arts events in the Cobequid area.
The Cobequid Cultural Society (CCS, originally and legally known as the Cobequid Cultural Centre of the Arts Society) was incorporated March 2nd, 2005.
The Society is a community-
With our strong base of member organizations and volunteers, CCS has introduced hundreds of community members and visitors to the work of local and visiting artists, including visual artists, actors, writers, dancers and musicians.
We envision a lively, diverse, and self-
Our long term vision is to establish a multifunctional creative learning and performance centre focusing on education and innovation, theatre, music, dance, performance, visual and digital arts, conventions, festivals and events.
The Centre will be:
- A creative learning, presentation and performance centre serving the Cobequid region through strong community partnerships;
- A focal point in the Cobequid region (Northwest HRM) where people gather and where knowledge, creativity, innovation, and arts and culture in all its diversity are interconnected;
- A 21st century space linking the people and communities of the Cobequid region and beyond; and
- A multipurpose place for conferences, local and national festivals, speakers, and performances that showcase a variety of amateur and professional talent and learning.
Our ongoing mission is to increase awareness of, appreciation for and participation in the arts in the Cobequid region by:
- Staging events and programs;
- Supporting local artists;
- Partnering with other artists and performing arts groups from both in and out of the Cobequid region;
- Bringing youth and the arts together; and
- Promoting the importance of arts and culture in healthy, viable communities.
Our long term goal remains the creation of a Cultural Centre that will greatly enhance our ability to fulfill this mission.
CCS believes that the arts are a foundation of our communities.
We value the abundance of local and visiting artists, and we believe that by sharing their work with our communities in an open, inclusive and accessible way that we encourage appreciation for all cultures and enrich our quality of life.
We are committed to conducting our affairs with a high degree of professionalism, accountability and fiscal and environmental responsibility, while encouraging creativity, innovation and fun.